The Penn State women’s basketball team released its 2017-18 nonconference schedule on Friday — and five of the 13 games feature opponents who made the postseason last year.
Among the contests for the Lady Lions, who reached the third round of the WNIT last season, are six home games, five true road matchups and two neutral-site contests. Penn State has never before played Manhattan (Dec. 3), and the rivalry game against Pitt will take place on the road Dec. 17.
The only nonconference details that have yet to be released involve the Big Ten/ACC Challenge. Penn State will play either Nov. 29 or Nov. 30, and the opponent has not yet been named.
Here’s a closer look at the nonconference schedule:
▪ Friday, Nov. 10: vs. Siena
▪ Sunday, Nov. 12: vs. Drexel
▪ Wednesday, Nov. 15: at Marshall
▪ Saturday, Nov. 18: at Providence
▪ Monday, Nov. 20: vs. Central Connecticut State
▪ Friday, Nov. 24: vs. Kansas State (South Point Shootout, Las Vegas)
▪ Saturday, Nov. 25: vs. Louisiana Tech (South Point Shootout, Las Vegas)
▪ Sunday, Dec. 3: vs. Manhattan
▪ Wednesday, Dec. 6: vs. Fordham
▪ Saturday, Dec. 9: at St. Bonaventure
▪ Sunday, Dec. 17: at Pittsburgh
▪ Wednesday, Dec. 20: at American